Another 3on3 blitz challenge for boys and girls in the Under 9 to Under 12 age groups is going ahead on Sunday 2nd of March. The challenge will take place in Killanin and will run from 10.30 to 1.00pm. The session will be led by Technical Director Salva Camps and he will be supported by Premier League players and club coaches.
For further information keep an eye on the website or call Annie Costelloe 0872644825.
AGES: U9, U10, U11, U12 BOYS AND GIRLS
DATE: 2nd of March 2014
TIME: FROM 10:30 am TO 1 pm
PRICE: 5 €
- They will play half court – 3ON3.
- We will use four baskets (we want to use Kilannin because we can bring the baskets down and it will be better for the kids)
- There will be four games on at the same time.
- Teams will have four players. . We (coaches and I) will pick the players for each team. We will try to make equitable teams.
- We will give a name to each team
- Each match willlast 8 minutes – non stop clock..
- It will be compulsory that all players take a break during the match. Minutes 2, 4 and 6 of each game it will be a substitution (teams will be form by 4 players).
That means 32 players, 8 teams, will be playing at the same time (4 courts, 8 players in each).
- IT WILL BE COMPULSORY TO PASS THE BALL ONCE BEFORE THEY SHOOT.
- WHEN THEY PASS FROM DEFENSE TO OFFENSE IT WILL BE COMPULSORY TO GO OUT OF THE TRHEE POINT LINE BEFORE THEY START THEIR OFFENSE.
- SHOOTING FOUL WILL BE PUNISHED WITH 2 FREE TRHOWS. FOR OTHER FOULS, THE BALL WILL BE TAKEN FROM THE SIDE LINE.
- WINNING TEAM WILL GET 2 POINTS AND LOSER 1.
- IN CASE OF A DRAW, EACH TEAM WILL SHOOT A FREE TRHOW – WHOEVER SCORES, WINS.
- BREAK BETWEEN MATCHES WILL BE 4 MINUTES.